DHTS Ltd Online Privacy Statement
dhts.co.uk (“the Website”) is owned and operated by DHTS Ltd. This policy explains how DHTS Ltd may use information we collect about you, as well as your rights over any personal information we hold about you. Please read this policy carefully.
By accessing the dhts.co.uk Website you confirm to have understood and agreed to them.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
This privacy notice tells you how DHTS Ltd will collect and use your personal data. We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website.
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- enable your use of the services available on the website.
- supply you with services.
- send statements and invoices and collect payments from you.
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- send you email notifications which you have requested.
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
WHY DHTS LTD NEEDS TO COLLECT & STORE PERSONAL DATA
In order for us to provide you with information on our IT Support services we may collect personal data so that we can personalise your use of the site, assist your use of the site and improve the site generally;
- when you make an enquiry on any area of our website;
- when we provide services to you;
- when you apply for employment.
Your personal information may also be used by us to send you information about additional products, services and offers. You may, at any time, choose not to receive such messages. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purpose of monitoring website usage in order to help us improve our website and our services. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
WILL DHTS LTD SHARE MY PERSONAL DATA WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to DHTS Ltd in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the obligations of any contracts those suppliers have with us. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with DHTS Ltd’ procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
HOW WILL DHTS LTD USE MY PERSONAL DATA?
DHTS Ltd will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. DHTS Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
UNDER WHAT CIRCUMSTANCES WILL DHTS LTD CONTACT ME?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL DATA DHTS LTD HOLDS?
DHTS Ltd, at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If DHTS Ltd does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of DHTS Ltd or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or through similar technology.
For further information, visit .allaboutcookies.org
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – DHTS Ltd uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – DHTS Ltd uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, your device and your IP address. DHTS Ltd sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Name: H Morgans
Address: DHTS Ltd, The Old Bakery, Garfield Place, Faversham, Kent, ME13 8AB
Telephone No: 01795 342 700
HOW TO CONTACT THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITY
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.